Cajun Style Blackened Seasoning – 10oz
Cajun cooking is known for its spicy, robust flavors, and it takes its cue from the French Acadians (Cajuns) currently living in Louisiana. Stripling’s Cajun Style Blackened Seasoning is superb if you want to get the cajun flavor just right. Jambalaya is considered by many to be the hallmark of Cajun dishes. Some recipes for Jambalaya call for shrimp or sausage, but we decided to go with both of these wonderful meat choices. Rather than laboring at the stove, however, we deviated to the time-saving oven casserole option with this recipe (below).
Shrimp & Sausage Jambalaya Casserole
- 2 c. uncooked white rice
- 1 1/2 lbs. uncooked shrimp, de-veined and peeled
- 1 lb. Stripling’s Link Sausage*
- 1/2 c. butter or olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (15 oz.) can of tomato sauce
- 1 (10 oz.) can of sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1(10 oz.) can of French onion soup
- 10 oz. of chicken or beef stock
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Stripling’s Cajun Style Blackened Seasoning**
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients except for rice. Place rice on bottom of large casserole dish, greased with part of butter (or oil). Pour other mixture on top of rice. Cook for 1 hour and 20 minutes with no covering, making sure that meats are thoroughly cooked. *Stripling’s General Store is known for its signature product, sausage, which is custom made from our original 1964 recipe. Choose from fresh or smoked links, with mild, medium, or hot flavors. **1 large container of Stripling’s Cajun Style Blackened Seasoning will meet the recipe requirement and leave a hearty amount remaining for other uses!