Position: District Kitchen/Food Bar Supervisor
Full-Time Position: 40+ hours per week, with 3 weekends a month off (unless volume dictates less) to oversee 3 corporate locations
Location: Cordele, GA – travel to Perry location will be required
- Develop and ensure safe handling procedures outlined by the Georgia Department of Agriculture and Stripling’s General Store
- Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
- Coordinate assignments of cooking personnel to ensure economical use of food and timely preparation.
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
- Schedule staff hours and assign duties.
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs, and coordinate a variety of services, such as waste removal and pest control.
- Review menus and analyze recipes to determine labor and overhead costs and assign prices to menu items.
- Organize and direct worker training programs, resolve personnel problems, hire new staff, and evaluate employee performance in dining and lodging facilities.
- Review work procedures and operational problems to determine ways to improve service, performance, or safety.
- Record the number, type, and cost of items sold to determine which items may be unpopular or less profitable.
- Monitor budgets and payroll records and review financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
- Create specialty dishes and develop recipes to be used in kitchen or retail.
- Ability to work well in a stressful and fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Restaurant Management or certification from culinary school is required
- 2+ years in supervisory position a plus
- In-depth knowledge of kitchen health and safety regulations.
- Previous experience in quality control for food preparation
- Analytical, logical thought process and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to translate skills and knowledge to others